Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Is anyone making any money out of this?

Over the past six months or so I've only had one publisher sign up and zero advertisers..

I won't even get into the products referrals ....

anthonymcg

Can't say I've ever used the referrals programs. Seemed like it's very hard to make any cash out of it.

Cormac

I thought i would make a bit of dosh by having a google picasa referral in my boards.ie sig. The logic was that everyone has a camera..and so everyone who isn't really clued in (which is quite a few on boards.ie) will click on it and download it. Did this happen? Nope.

I'm thinking that maybe google block referals from sigs at this stage.

louie

I don't really know how google works this out, but I have never got much out of it. There was a time when the impression were very high, no clicks and if there was any the pay was so low.
Referrals never worked and never got anything from it either. Got few sign-up but that was it.

dahamsta

I ran them on Foot.ie for a few weeks, got one signup during the first few days and nothing after that. And the signup was at a shitty rate. Bye bye.

They'll need to offer incentives to get people to sign up.

adam

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm

So who is making money from it?

The way some of the other bloggers go on about it you'd swear they were all making a fortune.. ..

Redfly

From Adsense I get about one signup a month. I have actually only seen $100 into my account once. I still have to work on that.

I make the most with Firefox referrals. About $90 a day.

This month to date, Picassa referrals are up to $127.10 but in fairness, I spent about $80 on PPC marketing for that.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Redfly - what kind of sites are you getting those referrals on? You don't need to supply the URL, but I would be fascinated to know how I can improve on those referrals myself ....

Michele

rsynnott

I tried Firefox and Picasa for a day. Two clicks, no installs on 14,000 page views, and significantly reduced CPM on other ads. So, not bothering with that any more.

For me the adwords and adsense referrals did nothing for me for a so LONG that I dropped them.

I still do the picassa and firefox but they earn a TINY amount compared to the normal adsense ads.

Redfly - $90 a day!! How on earth do ou do it?

Redfly

It's all about traffic. :) And of course that traffic should be the not so technically inclined.

Why promote firefox for free through spreadfirefox.com when you can get paid for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.