Adsense optimisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiecasey

Got an email from Google a week ago asking did I want help optimising my site for adsense. Looked phisy (see what i did there) but I replied saying yeah and just got advice to place more ads on my site and smack in the middle of content instead of at the top, stuff which I had planned to do but thought it might be against TOS, so handy to know I got the allclear.

Has anyone else heard of this?

paul

Ninja
Sounds legit. Was the email address okay ? I did get a message in my AdSense centre about optimisation of my ads, saying that I was blocking some ads that are costing me money.

If you need any help with optimisation let me know. I've done it for a few sites (one from a user on here).

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's an optimisation report in the adsense control panel that wasn't there previously...

georgie - would you mind checking which email address you are using on here as I'm getting a lot of bounces (the downside to being RFC compliant!)

paul

Ninja
is this the message you mean blacknight ?
April 2007 Optimization Report

Dear Publisher,
Here is your optimization report for the month of April. After an automatic review of your sites, we think you might be able to improve your monetization using the following tips:
You may be filtering ads that monetize well on your site.

paul

Ninja
I'm happy with my CTR anyway so I'm not planning on changing :D I love those clicks around the $2 mark, which come every now and again.

georgiecasey

How do you find the individual value of a click, all I can get is the average CPC by dividing revenue by clicks. @blacknight, I switched servers lately and forget to setup an email alias again, its working now.

Arch-Stanton

I think there is a FireFox extension somewhere, where you can have you adsense displayed at the bottom of your browser while you are surfing. so by constantly watching it........

Naaaaa that sounds like too much work.

Redfly

I think there is a FireFox extension somewhere, where you can have you adsense displayed at the bottom of your browser while you are surfing. so by constantly watching it........

Naaaaa that sounds like too much work.

It's called adsense notifier and it's great :)

paul

Ninja
I use lots of channels and take some screen dumps a few times a day and compare what pages get the clicks and what ones don't. Or what ones get constantly low clicks, and I go back and revise the content at some stage. AdSense notifier is cool too. Have it update every 30 mins or so and see how much you're worth ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.