advice about Dublin suburbs for my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrybennett

Hi All,

I have previously got some great advice from this forum, so I hope you can be of help to me again.

A few months ago I launched Irish Towns Online - Irish Weather & News, Maps of towns in Ireland - mytown.ie which is designed to be a community/portal website for every town in Ireland. I am focusing on towns of more than 5,000 people. I want to keep the site more local so I do not want to lump a large city into one entry, I want to break a city in to suburbs/communities. I have put Limerick, Waterford and Galway in as one entry as they are not that big, but for Cork I have broken it into 7 suburbs. I do not know Dublin well enough to do this so this is why I want your advice.

Using the Dublin post-codes is an option but is a little impersonal for what we want to achieve. I think that listing each and every district/suburb of Dublin would be over-kill, I would like to keep the list of Dublin suburbs to around 10 if possible. I can put a few neighbouring suburbs into one entry, but as I said earlier - I don't know dublin well enough to do this with confidence.

I have put together the following provisional list based on some research that I have done.

Artane - Coolock
Ballyfermot
Ballymun - Whitehall
Cabra - Drumcondra
Clontarf
Crumlin - Kimmage
Drimnagh
Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown
Finglas
Lucan
N Inner Dublin
SE Inner Dublin