Status
Not open for further replies.

grandad

Had an interesting letter this morning from DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH.

Apparently they have a directory up and running - Internet Register Ireland

They have my company listed [in Dublin, even though I'm in Wicklow], and want me to update my information for their records. Apparently I can even include three search words for their database.

I then read the small print. Buried in there is the trivial matter, that they will invoice me for the paltry sum of €958 per annum [payable in advance] for the above entry.

Nice one, DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH. :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think we'll be getting quite a few calls about this....

figment

Yay, I just got this in the mail. I always felt a bit left out when others chatted about the latest directory scam but now I can rest easy because I am finally on the spam radar :)

louie

Those guys are very smart. You sign it, send it over then you get an invoice. If you don't pay (typical Irish businesses) then solicitors letters starts arriving.
The 1000 euro they charge it will cover all that bullshit. I bet there is some legal adviser in the background of that business.

dahamsta

It's a blatant scam, I'm sure any reasonable judge - ok, but most of them are - would see it for exactly what it is. So I'm wondering if there's anything to be said for signing up "innocently", and seeing where it would take you. Something definitely needs to be done about these scumbags.

adam

louie

Put them against the wall and shot them.
Too many gullible idiots out there, that will sign up for it keeps them alive and rising up like mushrooms after rain..

grandad

Of course we could always put all sorts of unmentionable things, preferably heavy [how much does a dog turd weigh?] into the provided envelopes and post 'em. No stamps, of course, so they have to pay the postage.

Gavin

Am I blind (I do wear glasses) but I just cant find any mention of costs, actually I see they have mentioned free a few times.

I feel a blog rant coming along if I can find that small print :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.