Anyone used Microsoft Webmaster Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

It doesn't seem that bad. It's very carbon copy of the Google system with a kind of more complex verification/authentication process (that it checks every time, so you can't delete the file you create) - which seems a little more secure.

It does have one very nice tool - it will tell you which domains are backlinking to you, and what it thinks of them. Which I think is handy for keeping track of things - would be nice if Google had one. Otherwise, it's not nearly as functional.

Toiletroll

It doesn't seem that bad. It's very carbon copy of the Google system with a kind of more complex verification/authentication process (that it checks every time, so you can't delete the file you create) - which seems a little more secure.

It does have one very nice tool - it will tell you which domains are backlinking to you, and what it thinks of them. Which I think is handy for keeping track of things - would be nice if Google had one. Otherwise, it's not nearly as functional.

FFS!!!!!! Thank you for this, I didnt even know they had one. Its FAR better than Google Webmaster imo for links. Amazing. it has answered a HUGE (and albeit obvious now) question I've had since starting SEO!

The rest of it is only ok though.. need to fiddle more ;)

nevf

It doesn't seem that bad. It's very carbon copy of the Google system with a kind of more complex verification/authentication process
Gotta love microsoft. They done the exact same with Vista and Mac OSX. They done the exact same with Zune and iPod, and now they're doing it with Webmaster Tools and Webmaster Tools.

Thanks for the link btw, never knew it existed.

Cormac

Being using MS Webmaster Console for a while. Easily the best of the big 3's in my opinion.

link8r

Off-topic

I agree that the webmaster tools is a copy of Google's and that Microsoft have copied a lot of things - but I think the GUI icon-driven OS was invented by Xerox in their PARC research programme - and was very well done by Amiga too - before Apple.....

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Typical! I thought it was something I hadn't used, but I've actually been using it for a while :)

seoactor

yeah i agreed! :) FAR better than Google Webmaster imo for links. Amazing. it has answered a HUGE (and albeit obvious now) question I've had since starting SEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.