Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently assessing options for handling an email newsletter.

I want to use a 3rd party service, but I'm really not sure which one to go for.

Campaign Monitor looks like it has all the options and features I need, however they bill based on the number of emails you send, so it could get quite expensive

Aweber, however, don't

Which one are you guys using and why?

Fintan

I love campaign monitor, the software works and works well. I send low volumes so pricing isn't an issue for me

trafficwave

I offer and use the TrafficWave.net AutoResponder system.

Flat monthly fee of just $17.95 regardless of list size or mailing frequency.

koconnor

Ok, this is an old post but I wanted to mention another provider.

I use Email Marketing Software, Autoresponder - GetResponse and they are $145 per year for up to 10,000 subscribers. Unlimited emails and campaigns can be set up and sent.

I have over that number and pay an extra $13 per month as my list is over 20k.

I've just sent an email to 10577 this morning and all in all it took about 4 mins to deploy.

I've looked at aweber and they are far too expensive for something I can get with getresponse at a fraction of the cost.

websitedesign

Aweber if you have large amounts of email to send

Campaign monitor for small individual newsletters.

Both have a strong feature set so just use the one that is the cheapest for your needs

daba

hi
i just want to mention a small detail about maichimp which can be hugely disappointin for many of us : mailchimp wont deliver emails to addresses starting with : info, or sales, or admin.... i dont remember how they called them exactly but they wont send them , campaign monitor don't have such a policy. but if your r sending plenty of emails (many hundreds) what they have is an approval system, they have to approve your campaign , they will ask for endless questions about how did you get the email addresses , the content of your email , and so on ......

gooooooooooooood luck

NiallK

I've used campaign monitor and mailchimp in the past, I preferred campaign monitor even though they charge for using the service.

jayk

Icontact is pretty cheap, you can get a free 30 day trail and then can pay up to €10 per month for 500 subscribers. I've been using icontact for quite a while now and haven't had any problem with it.

paul

Ninja
I used campaign monitor last year, and they just started to get too expensive, as I have high volume lists. Now we use Mailchimp and they have all the features (and more of CM).

promoters4

I must say that Aweber is the most reliable email marketing company if you are looking your message to be delivered in INBOX not in Junk box. But Getresponse is also a good service.

I have over 50 friends who are doing email marketing and 45 of them are using Aweber. You will be charge only $19 for keeping your list below 2500 subscribers.

Go for Aweber mate its the best.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.