Status
Not open for further replies.

AAA

I use Kaspersky Internet Security since the 5 version. Now i am using 2009 and planning to buy 2010 anyway.
Among free antivirus Avast is best. But also waiting for Microsoft to release their first ever antivirus which is free. Anyway.

And what is the difference between free and non-free anitiviruses? For what must I pay?

NuMero

Well,I've been using Nod32 for 2 years now and have no complaints.Had a few serious attacks and never let me down.I never heard that it's rating went down though :confused: It's pretty reliable!

Donagh

The new Norton is nice. They have sorted out the old problems which made it drain all the system resources. It runs nicely in the background now :)

Tom

At the moment I'm using Comodo Internet security and Avast. Bloody nuisance having to have two installed but they work well together and if one misses a new virus there's a chance the other will catch it. It might be overkill but with all the website hacking viruses going around lately I'm taking extra precautions. :D

Hsekhar

Just wondering what you guys would recommend as the best antivirus out now...

I'm currently using Nod32 but I heard its no longer as good as it was before...

any suggestions...?
Where did you hear Nod32 is no longer as good as it used to be?? Any reliable source??

I am using Kaspersky presently and it is doing a great job. On another system I use Nod32 and it is no less than kaspersky.

neweb

I have used BitDefender 2008, 2009 and just installed 2010 version.

I am considering a refund as its almost impossible to install, slows the system down and likes to play hide and seek with your emails.

It keeps telling me "Downloading new email" but the email is nowhere to be found.

cmba138G

any suggestions...?

i am using nod32 and i am happy with it. i just update it sometime so that i am surely protected with any virus or worms lurking in the internet world. did u update your nod32?

FrankC

I find Gizmo's recommendations very reliable - and always keep an eye on the latest news :

I can't post a link - search for "Techsupportalert Gizmo"

Currently I use Avira + a variety of other stuff.

fredmessaux

Avg

any suggestions...?

At home I only use AVG Free, because most of my internet activity happens at work, where we have a professional antivirus. Since I am not a crazy internet user, I am satisfied with a free av. Also I sometimes use online malware scanners or AVG Threat Labs | Safety Ratings | Web Site Reports, to check the safety of the pages I regularly browse.

Cheers,

Fred

Hello? Best AV 2009. Read the thread title, its 2011! last post was 2010. Two years in the world of AV is a lifetime. This isnt a helpful post.

M@rc

I'm currently using the paid version of McAfee.

In 2009, I liked KasperSky, although, I'm not sure that they were the best.

salati

I have been using AVG for sometimes, then i switched to AVAST and i can say that AVAST is the best free antivirus out there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.