Best way to use multiple domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damoth

Hi guys,

What is the best way to utilise multiple domains to improve my google ranking?

I have mydomain.com, mydomain.net, mydomain.info and mydomain.org

Should i do a 301 redirect to the domain my site is on or would it help me more to create a small piece of unique content on each which includes a link to my site.

Thanks,

damoth

Hi guys, Just following up on this... What would be the best way to use the 4 TLDs that i have mydomain.net,mydomain.com,mydomain.org,mydomain.info It's just a community website that i am working on in my spare time. The .net site is the live one as i have had it for longer than the others. Thanks

link8r

Re-directs technically shouldn't be indexed - therefore they shouldn't help - or worse, if they get indexed and then removed, could do damage. Putting a small amount of content and a link means you've created multiple links from domains that aren't important (Importance is a measurement that includes all of the things/signals that determine SERP's like PageRank, keywords, popularity, site - age, content (relevance, age, amount) etc). You would/could get more benefit from 1 well placed link on a PR5 domain than 100 0/dead domains (dead from having 0 importance or not even indexed).

Status
Not open for further replies.