Can I run two AntiVirus programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafsoh

I want to run two AntiVirus programs on the same computer, will there be conflict or it's not advisable?
Can I run two AntiVirus programs?

Maximum Bob

from experience norton & avg do not sit well together, why do you want to run 2 AV's?

Coyote1

Problems Running 2 Different Anti Virus Programs

While it is possible to run two different anti virus programs there can be issues with system performance and email as both systems will want to process all the same files.

If you want to setup a belt and braces approach if you are worried that your antivirus program may have meen compromised then periodicly use one of the online antivirus scanning sites like Housecall from Trend. Inability to access any of these online scanning sites can be the first indicator that you do have bugs! as they block them to avoid removal.

Also add in off line scanners like spybot search and destroy and malware bytes should keep you running clean.

Hope that helps.

Pat.:)

Sprouter

I did that once lol, it's not good for your system. It's best just to have one and then if you feel that you need more reasurance just jump online and use a free online scanner from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.