Click attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheres me jumpa

Im just wondering how common click attacks are. Im getting so much spam and SQL injection on a website of mine. Whats to stop one of the spammers causing havoc by breaking the terms and conditions of Adsense and repeat clicking my ads?

How would someone defend themselves in this situation?

Gavin

Most spam and attacks are usually automated from bots so you shouldnt really worry about click attacks unless you piss someone off and they know clicking your ads could lead to a ban.

You can use Main Page - AdLogger. This will track the IP's of clicks on your pages and you can even disable the ads from showing to people who click an ad a number of times.

I dont use this at all but everyone else seems to think its good.

wheres me jumpa

Thanks for the link Cormac.

Not so much worried as curious. I make very little from it so hardly a loss if it did happen. I realise spam bots are the main cause of this annoyance but I have had a site defaced in the past so seems another way of causing annoyance for any of this breed.

Gavin

As far as I know that program can email you when you get a click and comes with some type of stats.

Yeah but losing your account over some plonk wouldnt be fair. Plus you might be making buttons now but down the line you might end up minted. As far as I am conerned Adsense is one of the best contextual ad service there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.