Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnut32

Folk, I signed up with register365 and started my own ecommerce site about 7 weeks ago, since then the business has grown. I have had numerous problems in that time with people not being able to register and the site going down. This has obviously not helped the business and I am looking to jazz the website up also as I am fairly limited with what I can do currently.
So the question is what do I do next, Is there a package out there that will let me build me own webiste with more options? Do I look for a web designer? How can I do it so there will be minimal interuption to customers?
Any help would be really appreciated,

Cheers,

Paul.

link8r

Folk, I signed up with register365 and started my own ecommerce site about 7 weeks ago, since then the business has grown. I have had numerous problems in that time with people not being able to register and the site going down.

Sounds like a good start - well done. That's a pity about the site going down though.

This has obviously not helped the business

No, I'm guessing not - worthwhile investing into it now

and I am looking to jazz the website up also as I am fairly limited with what I can do currently.

Please don't 'jazz' it up :)
How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell - The Oatmeal

So the question is what do I do next, Is there a package out there that will let me build me own webiste with more options?

Possibly, but I don't know what R365's ecommerce app provides.

Do I look for a web designer? How can I do it so there will be minimal interuption to customers?

If you have (or are planning) a viable online business, then invest in it. And have a budget ready that will pay someone to invest their time with you to build a great customer solution with a strong internet marketing strategy is my best advice.

FergusM

It is great that you are of to a good start. It may be harder and more disruptive to fix your cart later when you have a lot more customers. Better to pxxs off a few customers now than a lot later. Look at a good few carts and find the one that is right for you as you can see it now. My opinion is to get one with a support package or else you are likely to have a lot more headaches down the line. There are at least 200 shopping carts out there so start trying trials and build your knowledge of what is needed for your products. Be slow to jump in without doing a lot of research as it is really difficult to migrate to a new cart from a large established cart.

Regards
Fergus
ieDepot Tools & Hardware

Ciprian

So, it's been a month, what did you do? I'm interested in these hosted e-Commerce solutions for an Irish-based company.

Status
Not open for further replies.