Creating email account

Status
Not open for further replies.

weber

Hi!

Please, help me with this problem.

I want to creat email account and sub-domain from PHP code.
Is it possible? ( Allowed by hosting plan)

daviddoran

Well if it is allowed by the host then surely they must have an API into their system because it cannot be done in native PHP code.

weber

Yes, i have opened sub domains and email accounts from hosting control panel. I want to create them automatically. Is it possible?

daviddoran

Well there's no magic way to do it unless the control panel or management software has a specific way to perform these actions via other software.

niall

I want to creat email account and sub-domain from PHP code.
Is it possible? ( Allowed by hosting plan)

Depends on the control panel the hosting company are using. If they are using Directadmin, there is an API available which would do what you want (I think).

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Cpanel also has a form of api as well...

Not sure about the others to be honest ...

niall

Could you bypass the control panel and just use use PHP system to run the necessary linux commands.

Every control panel works differently, and there is no guaranteeing that you will have the necessary permissions to create a new account. I know for fact that on our system, a php script will *NEVER* have the necessary permissions to create *ANY* new system account directly.

The best bet is to try and use the API provided by the control panel.

Niall

weber

Thaks :)

Thanks dear webmasters for gived attention.
I have tried PHP's mkdir function folder was created but had not opened from browsers adress bar. :(

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks dear webmasters for gived attention.
I have tried PHP's mkdir function folder was created but had not opened from browsers adress bar. :(

If you told us what the control panel was it would make it easier to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.