Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Of course you'd think there'd be a mention of it over on boards.. Oh wait a sec! If you mention hosting on boards the thread gets locked
*sigh*

Yet Digiweb have a sticky on the webmaster forum all the time

jmcc

ENN being clueless as usual! LibertyRMS is Afilias's holding operation and not an Irish hoster. Webhosting.info can't track secondary movements and missed the movements of thousands of gTLD domains in the Irish market (A move that was almost 25% of the combined Digiweb and Novara total).

Digiweb/Novara is now number two in the market. It has a bit to go yet to get to parity with H365. Things just got a lot more interesting.

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
ENN being clueless as usual! LibertyRMS is Afilias's holding operation and not an Irish hoster. Webhosting.info can't track secondary movements and missed the movements of thousands of gTLD domains in the Irish market (A move that was almost 25% of the combined Digiweb and Novara total).
Webhosting.info ignores ccTLDs completely ...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Even at number 2, Blacknight's growth rate should put them back in 2nd place in a few months...

How many of Digiweb's domains are actually paying clients?

How many are included in that freebie deal they did last year to boost their numbers?

jmcc

Webhosting.info ignores ccTLDs completely ...
That lack of ccTLD data is a problem when it comes to ccTLD heavy hosters. H365 is the biggest .ie hoster and I think that Novara had about 50% or so of its domains in .ie ccTLD. From the ccTLD point of view, this takeover is very significant.

Regards...jmcc

hosting365

Sure we have more than 5k gTLD's on our register365.com DNS that it ignores too.

It's a 'general' metric, but not terribly accurate.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I tried adding some of our new nameservers a while back but couldn't even login ... they're probably missing loads of our domains as well

*sigh*

jmcc

I tried adding some of our new nameservers a while back but couldn't even login ... they're probably missing loads of our domains as well

*sigh*
Their forum disappeared as well. I wonder what happened to ipwalk.com?

What probably killed these guys was the sheer scale of tasting in the .com zones.

Regards...jmcc

paul

Ninja

oh dear the battle continues...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that none of the other forums are allowing any discussion of the acquisition. AskAboutMoney.com have closed the thread over there as well, while boards still maintains its "you can't mention hosting" stance

Status
Not open for further replies.