Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiecasey

I've been applying to my category every 3 months over the last year and I haven't been added. If I could find the editor and he was willing to play ball, I'd easily pay him $100 or whatever to get a listing. The quicker Google gets away from them the better.

jmcc

Has anyone any idea how long a site takes to get listed in DMOZ at the moment?
Not sure but there are some hardware/software problems with Dmoz at the moment from what I've heard. The Dmoz dump hasn't been updated since October. It used to be updated weekly and then every few weeks.

Regards...jmcc

RedCardinal

Dmoz backend has been dwon for over 2 months now. Editors cannot even get in.

Dave (redfly) is an editor :)

Wait is anything up to 1 year for Irish category (and longer).

Redfly

Well, no editors (Apart from Metas) have had access since the 20th of October because of their hardware crash.

The latest update was posted in the editor forums was posted last Sunday and suggests that access will be restricted until the new year.

I have not read up lately on what I can and cannot say (I feel so special) but I have a feeling there are going to be some MAJOR changes at DMOZ soon as a result of AOLs part. (That is just an educated personal opinion)

When we had access, I would approve/deny listings on a weekly basis. Listings take so long to be accepted because there is no editor for the category. Looking at some of the edit logs, some sites have been sitting there years.

Status
Not open for further replies.