Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorP

My blog is currently with H365

Have a VPS in the UK and have a server in the US

Tom

Both US and Ireland. US hosting usually gives a lot more for a lot less so it's good value, but for speed and reliability Irish hosting is worth the extra few bob. One of the problems I had with one US host was when they backed up in off peak hours (in the US) it affected response times a lot over here during working hours, but that really was a "value" shared hosting package.

hosting365

The value argument is more balanced these days (unless you compare 'insane, this madness must end soon' style shared hosts :) :) )

ziycon

I host with an Irish company but there servers are in the US. Considering moving, depending on price for the equivalent space and bandwidth!

Adulu

I didn't voted beause i am not from ireland.
I prefer US web hosting because it really cheap and fast.
I host in dreamhost share hosting which using California Broadband it seems is the most cheap place in US.

How do you feel like Ireland hosting? Is it cheap or fast than US?

btw, my hosting plan detail.
hosting will increase disk and bandwidth every week
Disk Usage:255.3GB
Bandwidth Usage:5144GB
unlimited add domain and subdomain
two year rebill: per month $7.95

Gavin

I've voted both.

My sites in Ireland are targeting a European audience and my sites in the U.S. are targeting a U.S. audience.

siasy

I host with Yahoo! in US

Have found them fine up to now - buit they don't allown cron-jobs or ".*" files, so can't use a .htaccess file

firmaterra

I had dedicated servers here and had to move they were so expensive. I've one shared hosting plan left and when this expires I'll be moving out too. Don't see any reason/value left in Irish hosting :mad:

Drang3d

At the moment, I'm hosting in the U.S. just from a price advantage. I'm currently working on building my own site offering web design and seo services. I had wanted to go with blacknight and I will switch to them in the future but at startup stage, I got 5 accounts in the U.S which I can sell on to customers for what it would have cost me to host my own site here. There are disadvantages though, namely the support. The support only runs off a ticketing system, they offer no telephone support.

Drang3d

I'm paying $245 for 5 reseller accounts with the following spec:

750GB space
7500GB monthly bandwidth.

There are some restrictions in the toc though, i.e. 5GB max for video files, 5GB for text files etc. so I'm not sure how it adds up to 750GB but it works fine for my sites, it wouldnt suit every type of client or project

siasy

Blacknight - diskpace and transfer are a major deterant

I've read some great reviews about blacknight and their customer support is excellent, according to any reviews I'e read and heard from users.
Looking for a shared Hosting package, though, my current website, which I am looking to move to a new host, already uses approx 5 Gb space, and has a monthly transfer of 42Gb - traffic,

The highest Disk space package with Blacknight.ie seems to be their enterprise paqckage, at 2500Mb (2.5 Gb) (or 3gb for Linux) which is too small for my needs, and at €399 for the year, is not cheap either.

For a little site, lookiong for max 500Mb space, and 15Gb transfer limit, €30 for the year is difficult to beat - the Soho package.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
@siasy - keep an eye on our site ... we'll be launching some new hosting plans very very soon

Status
Not open for further replies.