do you know what really grinds my gears...

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiecasey

...partial blog feeds. They're so annoying. I don't want to leave Google Reader when I'm catching up on blogs. If you want to display ads, display them in your RSS.

Anyone agree?

Redfly

:) Well, I am guilty for doing that also. (Unless you were specifically directing it at me) ;)

There is a reason for that I do it though. Well, more than a few actually. Brand awareness and duplicate content issues being the two top reasons.

Gavin

Doesnt Google reader open a link in a new window? I dont like the snippets either so I usually r/c on links just incase.

Busarus

I only do snippets as well for two reasons:

- traffic to site and ads
- to avoid articles being ripped off wholesale and republished on other sites

georgiecasey

:) Well, I am guilty for doing that also. (Unless you were specifically directing it at me) ;)

There is a reason for that I do it though. Well, more than a few actually. Brand awareness and duplicate content issues being the two top reasons.

Haha, yeah, it was actually your blog I was subscribing to when I decided to write that post.

- to avoid articles being ripped off wholesale and republished on other sites

articles can be scraped easily enough without RSS.

Redfly

Haha, yeah, it was actually your blog I was subscribing to when I decided to write that post.

articles can be scraped easily enough without RSS.

I had a feeling it was somehow directed at me ;)

The dupe issue is not related to scraping, but in the way Google indexes feeds. I'm only investigating at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.