Download Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Does anyone know where I can download the installation files for Windows XP? I purchased two licences from Sudentoptions.com a few months back but I no longer have the installation CDs. Just wondering if there is a legit site where I can download XP from? (no torrents)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
As far as I know you can't download it unless of course you have an msdn subscription ? (though I could be wrong)

Gavin

Did the site not provide you with a download? Those license's should only work with a specific install build from what I remember.

You could try contact MS and they may send the discs out for free but you would probably have to prove that those 2 license's are legit and that it was you that purchased them, could be a lot of hassle though.

Cormac

StudentOptions give you 30 days to download the .exe, after that the download is not available. I have the installation file on a PC in Cork so all is not lost.

As for MSDNs, I checked with our Tech Manager and our account only has licenses for servers.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
StudentOptions give you 30 days to download the .exe, after that the download is not available. I have the installation file on a PC in Cork so all is not lost.

Tried contacting them to ask if you can download it again ? (supplying your name date of transaction and so on)

byronyasgur

if you get loan of a disk of the exact same type ( ie retail/oem/student version/etc. ) as the licence you purchased and copy it to a new cd then it should work ..... when it installs it will be an actual legit version (use the key on your new COA not the key from the disk or it will not work right) which you can check using their validation tool so you can get updates etc. - ( not sure about the exact legality of this but my own take is that you pay for the licence not the disk .... )

Status
Not open for further replies.