Status
Not open for further replies.

9barJoe

sehr interessant.

however, I am not against unsoliceted email. And I dont feel obliged to have an opt out link.

people call my number all the time out of the blue offering me cheaper phone calls and everything. It's a bit anoying, but thats the world we've got - so accept it. I don't see why you have to take a moral high ground with email.

If you have compiled your mailing list yourself, of what you believe are potential customers, then you have every right to contact them as far as i am concerned. Afterall, they are also businesses puting their names out in the public forum. If they dont like it they should have got a normal job instead.

obviously you dont want to pee off any potentail clients, so you have to use some self control. I would keep the emails light, with simple clean html & css. I normaly test them on myself first to see how they rate with spam assasin & how outlook handles them. Personaly, I send html email with a plain text alternative.

To avoid the peeing off factor, I wouldnt mail the same prospect more than twice a year.

so far that philosophy has worked okay for me.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
9barJoe said:
sehr interessant.

however, I am not against unsoliceted email. And I dont feel obliged to have an opt out link.

people call my number all the time out of the blue offering me cheaper phone calls and everything. It's a bit anoying, but thats the world we've got - so accept it. I don't see why you have to take a moral high ground with email.

So if there was zero spam filtering on your mail you would be happy? :)

9barJoe said:
If you have compiled your mailing list yourself, of what you believe are potential customers, then you have every right to contact them as far as i am concerned. Afterall, they are also businesses puting their names out in the public forum. If they dont like it they should have got a normal job instead.

A lot depends on how you actually contact them. There is a very fine line between a valid business lead and spamming. If you overstep it you can end up being blacklisted.

rsynnott

9barJoe said:
sehr interessant.

You really, really should have an opt-out link. In fact, you really shouldn't be sending unsolicited mail.

9barJoe said:

AFAIK they're on legally dubious ground doing that.

9barJoe said:

I believe everybody in the world is a customer for my new herbal mortgage enlargement pills. Am I allowed spam them? :rolleyes:

9barJoe said:
obviously you dont want to pee off any potentail clients, so you have to use some self control. I would keep the emails light, with simple clean html & css. I normaly test them on myself first to see how they rate with spam assasin & how outlook handles them. Personaly, I send html email with a plain text alternative.

Emails should NOT be HTML.

9barJoe said:
To avoid the peeing off factor, I wouldnt mail the same prospect more than twice a year.

Really, more than once probably isn't a good idea.

9barJoe said:
so far that philosophy has worked okay for me.

Unless I'm picking you up badly wrong, you would appear to be more part of the problem than the solution.

krivak

has anyone used the services of salesforce's online facilities?

I am interested mainly in Salesforce's email marketing facilities. Any comments, good or bad would be appreciated.

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.