Find Disabled Keywords Easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi Guys,
After using Adwords for ages there is still one thing that annoys me. I am hoping there is a simple solution but I've been looking forever and can't find it.

I am talking about disabled keywords due to min CPC being too low. For example a keyword that was set at 0.05 cent is now saying the min bid is 0.08 cent and is disabled. The only way to know this is by going into the campaign - > Adgroup where it tells me in a nice dialogue that the keyword is disabled.

However I have many Adgroups and its time consuming going through them all.

Is there a way to search for keywords quickly where Google will let me edit their bid?

I know I can generate a report and filter the results by ACTIVE / INACTIVE but that's time consuming and I then have to compare the results with a spreadsheet.

Is there an easier way? :)

Redfly

Hi Guys,
After using Adwords for ages there is still one thing that annoys me. I am hoping there is a simple solution but I've been looking forever and can't find it.

I am talking about disabled keywords due to min CPC being too low. For example a keyword that was set at 0.05 cent is now saying the min bid is 0.08 cent and is disabled. The only way to know this is by going into the campaign - > Adgroup where it tells me in a nice dialogue that the keyword is disabled.

However I have many Adgroups and its time consuming going through them all.

Is there a way to search for keywords quickly where Google will let me edit their bid?

I know I can generate a report and filter the results by ACTIVE / INACTIVE but that's time consuming and I then have to compare the results with a spreadsheet.

Is there an easier way? :)

I wish mate. But unfortunately not that I know of. I have requested an alert for this on WMW about a hundred times.

What I do now is download the data in AWE, select the keywords tab in the adgroup and arrange by minimum CPC. You can then see at a glance the keywords that have gone inactive.

You can then use the arrow down to go through adgroups.

It's far from perfect but it's the best we have I believe.

I was thinking of writing something using the API for this. Do you have any experience using the Adwords API? (It's been a pain in my arse so far).

gav240z

Not an API Programmer

Yeah I'm not a great programmer and have never used the API. I can't even get a key for it :(.

At the moment the campaigns I'm running are small enough not to worry about it too much, but if I ramped up my PPC campaign efforts and was running more than 20 large accounts I'd really need something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.