Fireshot - Great Screen Grab Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi Everyone,
I came across this a few days ago and its really helpful for taking screen grabs and adding annotations.

Previously I used photoshop, but I find it takes forever to make it look neat and loading up PS can be a pain on the fly.

Its a plugin for Firefox.
FireShot Pro - Best screenshots of web pages in Firefox!

While on the topic of screen grabs, does anyone know of a good (non-expensive: read camtasia) screen cast software?

davidbehan

Yeah, forbairt sent me a link to that a few months ago. It's great and very handy. I use it for taking screenshots for my inspiration site.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I use a pen and paper

(yes the coffee wore off and I've no back up caffeine ... insert wittier remark here)

jennyrusks

Yep, I find it invaluable. I also have Screengrab - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146 as a plugin. I think I'm suffering from Firefox obsessive compulsive plugin disorder. I love them because they can be real timesavers, but I think things are getting out of hand - practically the whole bottom of my browser is filled with plugins.

Is there help available?

davidbehan

I found this great tool for a mac. Basically, it runs in the background and when I see a site I like, I press CMD + ALT + 1 and it takes a screenshot of the whole web page, even past the fold and stores it neatly in it's app. Really handy for snapping as well as flicking through after for inspiration, visual bookmarks, etc.

Here ya go for all you happy mac ppl:

LittleSnapper - Screen and Web Snapping for Mac OS X Leopard

Rgds,

Dave

Coyote1

Google Picasa 3 now supports screen grabs

If you leave picasa runing it will add the screen grabs in to its own library.

Just hit Print Screen Key ! handy of you need to take lots of them at one session like for showing

page rankings in a google search.

CCSL

Status
Not open for further replies.