Flipping products on Amazon to Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders Larsson

So I just released a video about flipping products on Amazon and selling them on eBay. Then use SwagBucks to recover a fraction of the cost.

The first question is about eBay listings.
Is there a limit to the number of eBay listings that you can have?
If so, how do you deal with the competition?

Second, will US citizens have an unfair advantage over people living outside the US?

I'm giving much more clarity and context about what I learned and what I mean in that video, but basically, if you're limited to the number of listings, then you really need to know that the demand is high enough and the supply is low enough to make it worth putting it on eBay.

Maybe it only works for people that already have a website and a decent following. For example, I use Fiverr and Etsy as examples. Fiverr has a limit on the number of gigs that you can have. People resort to, for example, sending fake visitors to manipulate Fiverr's algorithm.

I did some research on Etsy a while ago to give people a clear idea of how fierce the competition is. I created a tool to scan a couple of thousand accounts, and I found that less than 3% were actually able to sell anything on Etsy in a time span of about 6 months. So the failure rate is huge, and it is just ridiculous, in my opinion, how people haphazardly recommend Etsy and Fiverr as a way to earn extra cash.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why would US / non-US come into it?
Ebay is available in plenty of countries

What is "Swagbucks"?

Anders Larsson

Amazon, EBay and SwagBucks likely will enable different features such as language and currency but that is not the issue. The issue is for example hiding things because I use a non US IP for example. Yes I could use a VPN but often those IP behind VPN's are blacklisted.
SwagBucks is just a an online reward-earning program.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Amazon, EBay and SwagBucks likely will enable different features such as language and currency but that is not the issue. The issue is for example hiding things because I use a non US IP for example. Yes I could use a VPN but often those IP behind VPN's are blacklisted.
SwagBucks is just a an online reward-earning program.
Ebay Ireland is NOT the same as Ebay US. It's not simply a matter of currency. So I don't understand why your IP address would matter. If you're based outside the US and want to sell there you can. If you access Ebay US you will see all of eBay US. Now what can change is which merchants will sell to you, but that's based on your account settings not your IP.

Anders Larsson

Thank you for helping me explore this Mneylon.

Let's step back from eBay so that you can see the problem I have.

All this began when I watched a YouTube video revealing the "Secret Formula Using SwagBucks Cashback" (Ironic).
I know online gurus present you with a blueprint of how you do it, but then when you follow that blueprint, you don't get results.

This is because online gurus try to hype people up in order to sell other resources. It's a pretty disgusting game.
Some people don't even try whatever "secret formula" that was revealed, but they subscribe because it sounded so real.

So what I wanted to do was to reveal what is real and what is not. Expose the weak point of "the secret formula". This is how I provide value to my audience. I'm not sure why not more people do this, honestly.

So one of the possible weak points I'm trying to get your help on is that in order for the formula to work we need Amazon, EBay, and SwagBucks.

Someone living in the US might just copy this just fine, but if you live in, let's say, Ireland, you might not be able to copy this because SwagBucks thinks this should only be available for US citizens. I honestly don't know because I've not done this but maybe someone else have.

They might not consider that flipping products and shipping them to someone in the US without being in the US is an option. I mean, you can work from Ireland and use Amazon.com because the product is only available there. Then instead of using your own address, you use the customer address in the US that you just bought from your new product list on eBay. This is how you earn the money. Buy low and sell high.

I'm just clarifying what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.