Freeware PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

Just a little something I decided to share following my experience setting up a freeware PC.

About 8 months ago I purchased a new PC. It came with the usual licensed software that you normally get with a new PC. (I normally build my own but couldn't be arsed this time :D)

At this point I would install all my software and put it to work. This time I wanted to try see how far I could get with using only freeware software.

I removed MS Office and installed Open Office, I then put my Photoshop CS back in the press and installed Gimp and so on with all my software. For security I installed Avast and ZoneAlarm (FREE)

There is nothing I can do on the system for free that I used to pay a licence for.

Now here's the interesting bit!!!
I have used my system for the past 8 months with no problems. It starts when its supposed to, it opens software when its supposed to and I have spent no time mucking about with the system when I should be working.

The surprising thing is, I find myself using this system more then the other one. Its just quicker and more reliable.

Has anyone else tried setting up a freeware PC and if so did you find it as pleasant an experience as I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.