Status
Not open for further replies.

ziycon

Saw the ad in the mirror today, must of cost a bit, works though, grabbed my attention on the side of the page over the main article!:D

kjt

Got a picture by any chance?

louie

Used car sales FunkyMotors.ie

I attached a part version

View attachment 67

and full page (small picture)

View attachment 68

That was the second one as the first on Tuesday came out black and white due to some printing mistake, so the re-run on Friday went for free.
It did cost few bobs, and my fault for not tracking it but Thanks anyway.

paul

Ninja
Cool ! It would be interesting to hear the increase of direct hit visitors to the site in the coming days.

Do you have any plans for longer media campaigns ? I wonder how effective a once off ad on a newspaper can be, that's all.

louie

I have plans for longer media campaigns indeed. The Irish Mirror was a one-of-a-kind opportunity that I couldn't say no to, but at the moment I am working on a different marketing strategy, which gave me (this month compare with last month) over 2000 organic hits (one part) and over 3000 unique visitors.

dbee

Right. I'd figured that it was going to be alot.

Would you care to be any more specific ?

Has the ad worked out for you do you think ?

Would you run it again - in hindsight ?

louie

Running an ad in any media depends on the type of business you are in and the average customer age you are after, so what worked for some might not work for you.
Advertising is a business risk you are willing to take and learn from experience.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you're new to print media advertising it can be a bit scary at first

We've run ads of all shapes and sizes up to a full page in Computers in Business and the prices vary A LOT.

Basic rules of thumb:
  • Don't expect your first ad to have a huge impact
  • Rate cards are open to negotiation
  • Don't let them design the ad for you
  • Don't take their stats at face value

Status
Not open for further replies.