GA tag checker for websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMDublin

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a tool that you can check whether a Google Analytics tag has been applied to all the pages on the site?

Obviously you could check in your Analytics account but if you have a large site this can take quite a while.

Thanks,

Colin

paul

Ninja
This would be exactly why you should use some include code in your pages, and include these things in the header and footer across your site.

CMDublin

Not a very helpful comment to be honest.

I actually don’t build websites; I manage them on my clients’ behalf. As a result I am trying to check if developers have put them on all pages when they are launched, redeveloped etc.

paul

Ninja
hoohumm.

There are a number of ways you could do this, download the entire site, get some software that searches for a particular string (or if you use UNIX use the grep command or something similar or program some perl).

I did google check if all pages include google analytics - Google Search

and I came up with
Check Google Analytics Code With SiteScan | SEO Hong Kong | HK Search Marketing and Optimization Blog
firefox extension : Is Google Analytics Installed? - GA? Firefox Extension | Blog on a Stick

intra Dev

Meta Tag Analyzer. This meta tag analysis tool will help you analyze your web pages and check for search engine compatibility. It will analyze meta tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.