Status
Not open for further replies.

cr8or

it says on the website:

Integrated with AdWords. If you have an AdWords account, you can use Google Analytics directly from the AdWords interface. Google Analytics is the only product that can automatically provide AdWords ROI metrics, without you having to import cost data or add tracking information to keywords. Of course, Google Analytics tracks all of your non-AdWords initiatives as well.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ah right :)

Yeah. I tried that out.
It's not bad, but to say that it's the only way to track it is not true :p

putte

webalizer - the entry level?

Hi

Is Google Analytics the way forward. I have been using webalizer and the results and difficult to interpret to say the least. Does webalizer show the organic results AND adwords visits as well?

Would you recommend Google's solution?

thanks.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Webalizer is terrible.
Awstats is a lot better, as it has a more up to date list of spiders and bots.

Analytics has some useful information, but you have to know what you are looking at.

None of them are perfect :)

frakilk

Analytics is intially off-putting because of its clunkiness and apparent complexity but once you find your way around it you realise it's a powerful tool indeed.

Personally I use a combination of Analyics, StatCounter and AWStats

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I was also looking at Sawmill recently. It seems to have some very nice options....

It's not that cheap though ...

Having said that, if your main source of income is online then paying out a couple of hundred euro shouldn't hurt you

EdenWeb

Google Analytics (previously URCHIN) is handy in that the reporting interface integrates nicely with your AdWords account. However, personally I find the interface quite cluncky and difficult to navigate. I'm sure they'll improve on it soon.

DeepMetrix.com is very good. Just bought by Microsoft and not taking any more sign ups at the moment. It has AdWords reporting too.

Clicktracks.com is supposed to be good and they have a free version if you want to get your toes wet. Not sure about AdWords integration on the free version.

Redfly

We use Google Analytics to split test some of our adwords campaigns. The results are great, however split testing ads is pretty new to us. Does anyone else have any experience morethan a few months with this?

And Edenweb, looks like we're pretty close. We're across the valley :)

EdenWeb

Hi RedFly. Yeah - I can see your house from here :)
Actually, I'm down in Wicklow from a few months ago. That's my old office space.

We've been split testing for several months for some clients. It's the way to go!

Redfly

:) Aww, that's a shame.

For clients , have you been split testing ads, or actual content? Have you used a specific software for it?

Have you looked much into the taguchi method? The current software out here fo this type of testing is VERY expensive.

Busarus

yeah, been using Google Analytics in conjunction with an adwords campaign at work since the analytics launch..... we like it a lot....

Google analytics is the online tool used by google to check and report the website traffic and google launched the service in the year of 2005.

lynsofia

Google Analytics is a free web analytics tools offered by Google to help you to analyze your website traffic and website performance to tracks your digital marketing effectiveness. Google automatically communicate both analytics and Adward interface to request to fetch initial performance. It provides notifications if any update and website issues generate help to solve them. Because both of all products of Google so it fetch information to adwards account or non-adwards account.

Status
Not open for further replies.