Google+ Author Profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've setup the link between my Google+ profile and some of the sites I run / write for, but I'm not sure if it's having any tangible impact on "search"
Is there any way to see if it is?

Also, unrelated, is anyone seeing any meaningful figures in the "+1" section on Google Analytics?

link8r

I've setup the link between my Google+ profile and some of the sites I run / write for, but I'm not sure if it's having any tangible impact on "search"

I'm guessing you'd have to see if your CTR was higher since you introduced it. The extra photo does make them stand out - until of course everyone moves.

Also, unrelated, is anyone seeing any meaningful figures in the "+1" section on Google Analytics?

Nothing hugely useful. But, I have seen G +1's overtake LI and sometimes even twitter in social sharing counts on some sites.

seanpearse

They've re-introduced the author stats into Webmaster tools under the "labs" section but that doesn't really give you a clear indication whether or not the authorship has had any direct impact on your rankings if that's what your asking. There's an interesting article over on the seomoz that touches on this subject How Authorship (and Google+) Will Change Linkbuilding | SEOmoz but again, nothing concrete.

brianbaru

I don't think google +'s by themselves will have an impact so i wouldn't go crazy on them. Social mentions in general including those certainly help.

cmccarra

You should also setup the rel="publisher" for all of your sites, it seems like they're going to make use of it in the future. Seen this slideshow around that helps distinguish between the too.

I setup the rel="publisher" for a company website and linked it their verified google+ page, I don't have any hard stats to back it up but I think it has definitely helped them jump up 5 or 6 places to rank number one for their particular search term.

Status
Not open for further replies.