Google Gone Mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dara

Anyone else seeing that Google's all over the shop for the past few days-but especially today. Sites hopping in and out on serps, massive number of serps being returned on occassion, local listing showing then not showing etc.

louie

It looks the same for me.
Have you done any link building recently?

Dara

It looks the same for me.
Have you done any link building recently?

Not of any real note no. Just looked again at one particular crazy set of results I was seeing earlier on Google.ie and it has resolved. Basically the first 50 serps all dropped and were replaced with sites that ranked nowhere previousy. The term was Dublin apartments and was full of US type craiglistings, Dublin ohio sites, old news stuff about fellas falling from apartment buildings etc. It was mad :confused: and was a reminder of the Florida update years ago when in many cases over 90% of the top 100 sites were dropped.

I still think however there is still a lot of shift going on at the minute-don't know is it "caffine" related or not. Anyway at least it appears to be back to normality.

mccomf

Google Dance

Since the past few days, I have been losing entirely all google traffic due to this google dance.One of my site traffic dropped by 80% in a one day.I hope will be settled by end of next week or so..

mccomf

I think there is going to be big googles update and I think it has something to do with caffeine.You can check your SERP in new google search here:Google

Dara

Fluctuation in Google SERP is just normal. 2 - 3 SERP dropdown is not a big deal. =)

It wasn't a 2-3 serp rise or fall I was seeing and yes of course this is normal. What I was seeing were massive swings not only with my own sites but a lot of others too. I actually think it was on a test DC or something because it resolved fairly fast-however I get the impression Google is leaning towards a much more personalised results scenario with very few sites keeping the same position for long.

RedEvo

Make sure you are not logged into your Google account when searching, this will personalise the SERPs and show your sites higher and may also show different serps in a short period of time.

d

MOH

Or get the google global plugin for firefox, lets you see de-personalised results, can also see how results look on google.co.uk, .com, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.