Google.ie (Pages From Ireland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilhwilliams

HI,

I have a few .ie sites with a product I want to market in Ireland. I notice that when I use Google.ie, the default search appears to look worldwide unless the user clicks 'Pages from Ireland'.

The product is not essentially Irish and so I was wondering just how much the 'Pages from Ireland' option is used by searchers in Ireland.

What circumstances would they use the option or even if most searchers in Ireland would use it as default. I've used a host service in Ireland and my .ie site only appears in Google if the 'Pages from Ireland' option is clicked.

Granted the site is but a few days old, but would it, all other things considered (and assuming good seo), start to climb google.ie listings above other TLD's (.com, .co.uk) if the 'pages from ireland' option is NOT clicked ?

Reagrds
Neil

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you're using Google.ie and searching from an Irish IP address you'll tend to see more Irish targetted results ...

If you switch to Google.co.uk from the same IP you should see different results

As for ranking etc., unless your product / service is very unique then it will take time for your site to rank well for the target search terms

SEO

Remember at least 90% of your SEO is off-site for competitive keywords!!!!
Plus if you bought a .ie Im assuming it has absolutly no cred with Google.ie either so if your keywords are really competitive which most ecommerce products are then its the long game for you my friend.

Links are key for all SEO especially for Ecommerce.

If you need any tips PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.