Google Owns the Patent of Its Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas09

Hi folks,

I ready on one of the SEO blogs that fter five years, Google has finally owned the patent to the design of its home page. So anyone who tries to copy its design will face patent infringement from Google.

The patent refers to whole Google Home Page as a graphical user interface. This GUI includes the search box in the middle of any communications terminal with two buttons below. It also includes several links below the two buttons.

So, basically anybody who designs their search engines in such layout will be subjected to copyright infringement.

Juice

Not very surprising. They'd patent the world if they could.

On a related note, Google is now BIGGER.

MOH

Thank God for that. I noticed that the last couple of days, and thought either there was something seriously wrong with my eyes or my memory, or that I'd somehow changed some hitherto unknown brower option

n3tFl0w

I read somewhere else that the patent wouldn't hold up because of something called "prior art". Dont quite know what it means but its something to do with the fact that other people had that design before Google. I think it means you can say you're copying a design previous to Google.

And on the bigger box note - Its really irritating. And ugly. Maybe what Im seeing with FF on OSX is different to everyone else but I find it pretty horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.