Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Do you mean having a good position, having a nice Places page or a good example of Google Places?

I presume Google Places you are referring to Google Local Business Listings?

link8r

So it is.

That's a good question - we've setup quite a few of them . I focus on what makes them rank and of those, what gets the best traffic.

What are the characteristics for a nice page: Does a nice listing need to have all of the possible data fileld ? I mean, you can't really control the rest of the layout.

IMO: The best are ones with good reviews - like this one, which has images, video and on-page booking.

barnacles dublin - Google Maps

pfurey101

I love the Google Places Analytic Reports that they now issue. Google are starting to go places (boom boom) with this functionality and as you can see, it can take over most of page one of your SERP. In fact sometimes its hard to tell the difference between organic and Places (apart from the Alphabet Pin).

Organic results are being pushed further down the page!

I read somewhere that Places is becoming more important to Google, so get yourself in there!

link8r

Organics and places are tied. It's very important. Google want's to be hyperlocal. TBH its been a bit slow with it.

bober

Organics and places are tied. It's very important. Google want's to be hyperlocal. TBH its been a bit slow with it.

Hi, So it would be wise of me to have google places with my new site 'homepainting'. Considering my TM is in the general dublin & surrounding areas!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, So it would be wise of me to have google places with my new site 'homepainting'. Considering my TM is in the general dublin & surrounding areas!

I'd say so
Put it this way - it can't hurt and it won't cost you anything :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Done! Just waiting on my confirmation letter in the post - 2-3 weeks :)
It's usually faster

They've also added some nice features in terms of tracking etc., which is quite interesting. How useful / actionable it is though it another matter

bober

I seen that - they also have an 'offers' add on - this will be handy for special offers ;) ie: 10% off - faceboook 'suggest to friend discount'

I4Visual

Well the way Google Places has changed the natural listings has hit some people hard, it worked out okay for some but not for others.

pfurey101

I hate the fact that they have dropped PIN allocation via text.

I know they really want to secure businesses in Places, but snail mail - sheesh!

MOH

I'd say so
Put it this way - it can't hurt and it won't cost you anything :)

It shouldn't cost you anything - I know someone who was recently contacted by an "SEO company" offering to set him on on Google Places, which would automatically appear in the SERPs, for a mere €175. Despite the fact that he already has a pretty decent Places page.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It shouldn't cost you anything - I know someone who was recently contacted by an "SEO company" offering to set him on on Google Places, which would automatically appear in the SERPs, for a mere €175. Despite the fact that he already has a pretty decent Places page.

There's a lot of chancers out there
I've seen people charging hundreds of euro for things that I know only take a couple of minutes to do....

pgw.ie

We put a video on 'Google Places' that features the Suit Hire company CT2 Formal Wear at a Wedding show (Citywest). Potential customers can see their suits on the catwalk and we think it helps encourage customers to hire suits for their wedding. Gives it a little credibility. Well worth doing for your customers listings. Especially as it is very easy - Only a You Tube link after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.