Help - Can't access my website backend! Can't work it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zascar

This is driving me nuts...

I host with Blacknight. To access my back end DirectAdmin Control Panel I go to

http://mydomain.com:2222

and login through there. Works fine from any computer except at home.

I have 2 PC's on my home network connected through a Linksys WRK54G wireless router (very like, but not the same as the well known WRT54G). On either computer, when connected wirelessly through the linksys router, I cannot access the above url, I get a blank screen or Page Cannot be Displayed, both Forefox and IE.

However, if I take away the Linksys router and connect directly into my NTL broadband modem, it works fine.

So, I think the linksys is blocking access to port 2222 - but no idea who, or how to fix it. I tried resetting the router, restoring factory settings and even updated the firmware. It does not have a firewall built in.

I called the Linksys Tech Support in US but they don't really have a clue. They got me to forward port 8080 and disable the "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" but it still won't work. Also tried Port Triggering on 8080 and 443.

Still no Joy.

Can anyone suggest what i can do?

Thanks

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I can't imagine why it would want to block that port unless there is something explicitly telling it to..

Are you sure there isn't some form of firewall on it?

ConorP

Its been a while since I touched a linksys device with the stock firmware on it, but is there any reference to a high security browsing or similar?

If so turn it off and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.