Help With Client Requirements :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron

Hi Guys,

I need a hand sorting out a few things.

• My client needs to get a static IP address (or two) and a reliable internet connection in Dublin 14 so they can access computers across a network, etc.
Let me know if you have any recommendations / pricing ideas. This is an complimentary service I am giving them, not a brokerage deal, as a thank you for referrals

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Byron - how much of a connection are they looking for? Couple of megs or fibre or what?

Byron

Hi Blacknight,

I would think a 3mg download, 500k upload or higher would suffice.

I have personal views on the way they are doing things, versus using a centralised server in a data center (they are proposing serving content to remote computers), which I think has limited, unmonitored capabilities.

Dublin 14 is the area near Dundrum and Churchtown

Byron

Hmm,

I know! - I have recommended that and it seems like they will go that way soon enough, for the moment, eircom were surprisingly the only company who gave me a straight answer on price, although I did appreciate Magnet being honest about coverage

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Magnet would probably be able to offer the same areas as Eircom (as they resell Eircom where they don't have direct coverage)
Strencom might be worth checking as well ..

Depending on how / what they are doing going down the colo route might not be the sanest solution ..

Byron

We'll start them off small :p

Yea Magnet said they offered coverage using eircom at wholesale price, more bandwidth, which isn't bad at all. Digiweb offer a service for €55 + VAT a month which might be the most logical solution....

just on the phone... They have just said that they have an eircom connection and are wondering about getting a second line and static IP. Eircom are offering the IP for 50e one off, maybe the best option?

Thanks everyone for your help on this!

Regards
Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.