Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

That outage just cost me €3,000 and man am i p#$$ed!!!

not really, just a small joke for Friday afternoon :)

I'm off to check my Euromillions now...

Solonox

Yeah we had to tell all our clients AGAIN that the servers are out. And needless to say the sarcastic responses were along the lines of "Would you not think of providing a more reliable service?"

Either way we are in the process of setting up our new servers over at Digiweb .. and we will be moving away from Hosting365 in the next couple of weeks. We can't be dealing with all these outages anymore...

babyboy808

It seriously boggles the mind why people still host there?, I have heard too many horror stories to ever consider them for hosting.

Daisy

babyboy808 - you know what, you are right. We moved all our apps and .coms out of there, but left a couple of servers and mail with them. For a lot of reasons - one being that a severe power outage could happen to any data centre once, maybe twice at a push. All the assurances at the time(s) were that they had learned their lesson and it couldn't possibly happen again. In fact, I think that according to Stephen it never really happened in the first place...

So now I'm here on a friday evening at 18.05 on hold (where I've been for the past 40 minutes) to the support line where the poor sod tells me he's in cracow and all the engineers are in dublin. One server and mail server came back up at 4.45 or so, but one server still down - ah, wait, here she goes back up.

So it really is cheerio in toto this time, who can afford this?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
luckily the customers I've got hosted with them have their email on google apps so I hope they didn't really notice much of a down time. They wouldn't really check their own site that often I hope.

:D

I really have to look into moving my sites away from them though now. I know downtime happens but this has happened a bit too often in recent times. (OK I think it was months ago when I noticed the down time)

Does anyone know what the story is with their Move away from them Fee to move domains away ? I thankfully don't have that many domains with them. They have never informed me that they would be charging if I were to move away from them so is this a legal practice? Or can it be taken up with someone. (That said I've not tried moving away from them yet so it remains to be seen if I get hit with a domain moving charge)

link8r

I still have a couple hundred domains with them - I'm trying to move.

Forbairt - Did you know that they don't do backups properly anymore? They have a live "backup" just for the day - if you leave it overnight, whatever you remove or gets changed is deleted from their backups .... !

They really are a waste of space...but it's not easy to move hundreds of sites.

link8r

It seriously boggles the mind why people still host there?, I have heard too many horror stories to ever consider them for hosting.

They "used" to be good - until this year. Now they're a shower....

Nobody should ever host with them. I'm stuck moving hundreds of domains, e-mails, sites, databases.....aaargh

EdenWeb

Has there been any followup on the outage from either Register365 or Hosting365? Any kind of email explaining the outage. Any kind of apology. Any kind of actual ownership of responsibility?

Without tyring to stir things, it just seems wierd to me that if I go to either homepage, there's absolutely nothing about the incident.

link8r

We got this lame-duck message:

Bartosz Burlaga [6:39:54 PM]: During this afternoon we've experienced partial power failure which impacted portion of overall customers. The drop in service lasted 2,5 hours and the service itself was back fro 4:00 PM. RFO (Reason For Outage) will be issued soon to all impacted customers. Our engineers are workin on it.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Aubrey

We were also affected on the friday. About 6 sites down, furious clients and no answer from register365.

I'm not going through that again. Can anyone recommend a decent Irish VPS?

Aubrey

I own and manage the site but I try to remain as neutral as I can - not sure how well that works ....

I was just laughing at myself for not copping that sooner.

As I said, fair enough. It's a good site. Useful and informative. Speaks well for your company.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I was just laughing at myself for not copping that sooner.

As I said, fair enough. It's a good site. Useful and informative. Speaks well for your company.
It's not owned or run by the company - just do a whois lookup on it :)
This site sits on one of my personal servers and I manage it in my own time

oliflorence

I have a couple of clients on Hosting365 or register 365, I recently noticed that 3/4 of thoses sites are actually hosted in Russia with the tech support in the UK, while the clients are convainced that they are dealing with an Irish company.
We use Webworld and it is working well for us.
Have also heared that Blacknight was good but have no experience there.

Status
Not open for further replies.