Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Out of interest, would it be okay for your competitors to post links to their services in their signatures as well?
That doesn't bother me - you'll find that several already do.

However a link in your sig is not the same as blatant spamming :)

redoktober

@ blacknight, fair enough!

@ Aubrey, there are a few (decent) Virtual Server providers in Ireland, off the top of my head I know at least three that do fairly decent packages...

MyHost
Digiweb
Blacknight

sposs

I have a couple of clients on Hosting365 or register 365, I recently noticed that 3/4 of thoses sites are actually hosted in Russia with the tech support in the UK, while the clients are convainced that they are dealing with an Irish company.
We use Webworld and it is working well for us.
Have also heared that Blacknight was good but have no experience there.

Russia? All servers are based in Dublin , if you have the domains i can confirm this with a simple IP lookup.

link8r

No, their servers are definitely based in Ireland, we have 350 domains and they all have Irish IP's

niall

Russia? All servers are based in Dublin , if you have the domains i can confirm this with a simple IP lookup.

Any Hosting365 server I've seen has been based in Ireland. Are you sure that it wasn't someone who was using them for domain registration and then hosting with a company basing their servers in Russia.

The only eastern block connection I'm seeing in H365's whois records is AS39563 (SC Shivanet SRL, Romania) which is mentioned in AS-HOSTING365. They don't seem to have anything to do with H365 network wise anymore though.

Niall

nikki

No,I haven't hosted my website over here. I have hosted my website over godaddy as well as with hostgate.

aaron_kenny

Useless

I have about 20 sites with Register365 and they've all slowed load times in the last 3 weeks dramatically. I logged a ticket to R365 expecting ...sorry the server has been rebooted or what ever but instead I got this...what a joke...i think its time for me to move

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your email regarding slow response times on your domains.

We would like to update you on our investigations on this matter.
Namesco in conjunction with Hosting365 engineers are currently investigating why a small number of customers are seeing slow responses when browsing to their websites. The investigations are still ongoing to identify and resolve this issue.
We would also like to assure you that this is being investigated as a priority at the highest level and that currently we do not have a timescale on this resolution. This is the most up to date information we have on this situation and you are advised that technical support have no further information.
We will continue to update you via email on any developments or resolutions and we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you.
Kind Regards,

xxxxxxxx
Support Team
Namesco Ireland Limited

Solonox

Aaron,
I noticed slow response times on our server as well.. i called the guys at the NOC and they basically said everything was running 100% now. So i bashed away at our server and wasted a day only to discover there is nothing wrong on our actual server.

ARGH!!! looking forward to a new server and new provider

cgarvey

So....

Hosting365 have yet another power-related outage. Yes data centres have power issues, but this many must clearly be a huge concern for Hosting365 and their customers alike.

However, what has changed since the last power outage is that Hosting365 have been a lot more open about it this time around. This is the first outage where customers were informed (shortly afterwards), regardless of whether the customer went looking for the information or not. Customers were sent an email saying a report will be released shortly (and apologising, etc.), and it was sent the following day. So clearly Hosting365 have learnt from previous outages, and delivered on their promise to better their communications.

One flaw was they sometime saw the need to disable their offsite status page. Granted, it's not as meaningful to have green and red dots for dedicated/cloud providers as, say, shared hosting. However, it was still in many an RSS feed, and still the first go-to point for many people. No one ever said it's being disabled. It would have been extremely useful (and less frustrating for those trying to ring / less burden on an already over-burdened staff) to have a simple note up their saying "power issues, looking in to it. Will update in 30 minutes.". They've said they'll be bringing that site back.

Register365 is a whole other kettle of fish. They didn't tell customers (or at least no accounts that I control were notified) willy nilly. Sure, customers with open tickets got vague responses and mostly after everything was resolved, but not all customers were informed.

So while the outage is a significant disaster (because of the repetitive nature of similar outages), the comms was better handled this time around. Register365 handled it just about as bad as Hosting365 did previously!

Solonox

Register365 is now owned by Namesco though.. have they not relocated? Didn't realise they left the site running at hosting 365

hughdurkin

Bit off topic, but anybody notice how servers / hosting services usually pack up on a Friday! Wherever i've had dedicated servers (plenty of places) service usually packs up on a Friday - Hosting 365's latest blip being on a Friday too.

I reckon it's the hosting Gods stepping in to get us off to the pub a little earlier ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.