Status
Not open for further replies.

hosting365

Rush job!?> :)

That site's actually been in build for over 9 months!! (During which one developer let us down badly).

We launched internally a few days ago, and were giving previews to a few focus groups, which caught most things, the reason for launch today was to co-incide with our talk on Cloud computing for hosted apps at the IWTC

ConorP

While I like the new design, I think the description of what you are offering is really poor. I'd like to think of myself as a reasonably intelligent person but I'm finding myself reading through all the pages to figure out what you are actually offering. I presume you have a big vmware grid now and are provisioning virtual servers off that?

And i'm not sure why but the word cloud annoys me and I think the use of grid would be a lot better.

hosting365

Hi Conor,

'cloud' is all the rage now (with Amazon, etc pushing cloud services), even though a 'grid' or 'utility computing and storage' could equally describe the proposition.

We'll keep working on the clarity of message, thanks for the feedback.

EdenWeb

I like the black a lot and I don't think it looks like a template. It's got some nice styling without being too of-it's day. Hosting companies should be 'cool' and the black works but I agree with Dave - some verticals can consider them less approachable than cleaner sites believe it or not!

One thing I find confusing is the description of the new hosting plans. I'm not au-fait with current hosting technology so I was expecting to find info on

1. how many databases can I have
2. which version of PHP are you running
3. Which installable applications are available
3. Whats the GUI and fucntionality of the control panels.

What I'm seeing is a lot of internal technical language. Are my expectations outmoded these days?

Also - who did the site? I didn't see a credit anywhere and they should be acknowledged.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
One thing I find confusing is the description of the new hosting plans. I'm not au-fait with current hosting technology so I was expecting to find info on

1. how many databases can I have
2. which version of PHP are you running
3. Which installable applications are available
3. Whats the GUI and fucntionality of the control panels.

What I'm seeing is a lot of internal technical language. Are my expectations outmoded these days?

You're getting a server to basically do with what you want ... you've got 10gbs of space ... dump what you want onto it till it bursts :D

But yeah ... it was only after it was pointed out that I realised I needed to go to register365 ... if its not obvious to someone like me .. what hope does your average joe have ?

hosting365

Thanks guys, we'll add more clarity that hosting365 now only offers dedicated, and will add more cross-links to the shared hosting.

Lottoplus

Thanks guys, we'll add more clarity that hosting365 now only offers dedicated, and will add more cross-links to the shared hosting.

Can someone tell me why the logo says Hosting366 is this some type of new web3.0 deisgn thing??

I think it should be hosting 365 as the domain says, I preferred the old site purely as it was easier to get your information across and this new site dosen't sell hosting to me more of a webdesigner site as it looks like a portfolio with the icons.

But its still a cool design looking forward to the tweaks to get it more business like

Status
Not open for further replies.