How can I establish if a 1,127ms average response time is any good for my server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

I currently have a site tracked with Pingdom.com and the test results show the site average response time is 1,127ms. I have no idea if this is good or bad. I did a bit of searching on blogs ping - How can I establish if a 566ms average response time is any good for my server? - Server Fault that suggested 566ms is not that great so this would suggest to me that my average of of 1,127ms is not good.

I have no experience with this kinda thing so it would be good to get some input. The site is hosted on a private OVH Cloud server along with other websites, I think - if that's any help.

See image results below:

View attachment 439

link8r

Does it matter that much? Google pulled its page load speed testing and its GWT data....Not surprising really

bober

Does it matter that much?

Yes, my concerns are based mainly on user experience. The site in question has page load time issues and I need to figure out why. I also think it may be effecting overall bounce rate on the website.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the pingdom speed test results they can usually tell you what is slowing a site's load down
Things to look at:
- graphics (obviously)
- 3rd party widgets

Status
Not open for further replies.