Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmet Reilly

Hello Everyone, this is my first post. I' currently attempting to build my own online shop using dreamweaver cs5.5. I have recently built a simple website just displaying products and services etc. I'm just wondering what else do I do for the ecommerce website? Even a point in the right direction will suffice. Thanks

paul

Ninja
step 1 throw out dreamweaver.
step 2 use a shopping cart app like shopify.com

This will save you a lot of hassle, while it has a recurring cost, $14 / month for the starter package.

Welcome to the forum.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's a lot of different ways to build an online shop. A lot will depend on how many products you want to sell and how you want to manage them
There are plenty of "off the shelf" solutions, as Paul mentioned, but I wouldn't embark on building something from scratch using Dreamweaver. (It's not impossible, but you would need to be a very talented designer and programmer to do it properly)

AngieW81

I wouldn't recommend building something from scratch unless you're a coding genius. A bad quality e-commerce site can crush your business. What I'd do is look for hosting that has e-commerce activity support like an eShop builder and make the website using tools that are specifically for e-commerce purposes.

Micheal

I suggest you not to build site from strach, you should use any e-commerce software to build a good e-commerce site...

josephryan

Why are you thinking about DreamWeaver, when you are having some wonderful CMS platforms like Magento, Joomla and above all the WordPress. You can find various plugins, which would help you design a stunning website for your eCommerce business.

LisaGreen

You can try another way except dreamweaver, there are a lot of other websites present over there in google search engine. Search engines will provide you link for websites.

DevArora

The three main great feature of Dreamweaver are:

1. Integrated CMS Support: One of the best feature of dreamweaver is its integrated CMS support. If you want to create a dynamic page then this feature of dreamweaver allow you to access any and all page related files.

2. Intellegent Coding Assistance: The dreamweaver is a code editor that makes it easy for you to write clean code. The main advantage of this code editor is that it provide you some hints about popular php methods and functions.

3. Comprehensive CSS support: As CSS is compulsory for any ecommerce website . So dreamweaver allow to display CSS model for that you no need to know how to code css manually.

If you are planning to start an ecommerce website then selection of right ecommerce platform is difficult. So the company that provide best service as per your requirement is best for you. They provide best ecommerce website design with full customization untill you get satisfied

ssmind

Apart from Shopify, you can also use Wordpress to build a dynamic eCommerce website but you need to use Thesis themes and supported plugins. I favor Wordpress because it is the most SEO friendly CMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.