How long can you keep it up (nudge, nudge)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodshape

Best time to do your Maverick coding sessions ... is actually the middle of the night ...
Bingo. If I'm doing the night-time coding thing (or photoshop designing or anything else) I could start around 10pm and easily still be there at 10am, even without the use of stimulants (caffeine or what have you).. you just hit that zone in the peace and quiet; the work streams out and the time floats by.

During the day, with people around, phone calls going on, the Irish web scene (forums/IM/blogs/etc.) all a-buzz, I'd be lucky to last an hour or two without getting distracted for "15 minutes" and totally kicked out of any concentration zone I might have been in.

Although maintaining 'normal' hours does have it's advantages too. It's difficult to get and maintain work when you're only awake by night.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
yeah some of my best work is done in the middle of the night .. forbairt was put together in the middle of the night .. but unfortunately as you say you can't keep that up long if you have to deal with clients :( also if you're married :D

I've just have 3 phone calls today ... 1 for 20 minutes ... 1 for 30 minutes ... another 15 ...
I've had to send about 10 work related emails ...
I've had to think about proposals ... and so on ...

Damn ... I'm really not getting enough time for development at the moment :(

and my posting on IWF is suffering :D

MiaDeRoca

Oooh *sigh" - Administration work does take time, and all this customer communication :rolleyes:

But yeah, I love night time working too! I try to swap hours every now and then and spend the afternoons with family related issues, and after my little one is sleeping get back to the office and do the work that needs full concentration.

MiaDeRoca

BTW - opening hours of grammar schools definitely should not be that early (starting 8.00). Or at least have Espresso-supply at the gates...

Joseph Grogan

Scooter... Could not listen to that if i doing any coding or design.. Well just cant listen to it anyways:D... Bit of a rock persons so its always zeppelin. Tool. Dream Theater. Artic Monkeys. Something along those lines.

I kinda bad for the breaks every 15 mins. I tend to even eat lunch while sitting at my pc. Which is a bad thing i think. But lunch time tv sucks:D

Status
Not open for further replies.