How much to charge to set up adwords and maintain

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliflorence

Hi There,
I have been asked by a couple of clients to set up adwords campaigns for them and look after the account thereafter to fine tune and keep an eye on how the campaigns are going.
This is something I am quiet experience at doing so I would be happy to do it, however I am not too sure how to charge for this service. I see on the internet that there is normally a charge for the set up and a maintenance cost after this.
The customers are different sizes with different needs so I think an hourly rate might be the best, any thougth??

Many thanks
Olivier

dude

Olivier if I were you I'd call the companies who already do this kind of thing and enquire as to how much it would cost to get this done for your own website.

Sales people always provide lots of helpful information :)

Redfly

It completely depends on the size of the campaign and to what level of detail you will manage it to.

ie. Setting up and watching budgets a child can do. Finding the sweet spots and positions for bids as well as split testing, ad testing, sales funnel testing/analysis qualitative data analysis... that's when it gets interesting. We manage a lot of accounts and the setup-watching is the easy/boring part.

You would be better off putting it into hours or days needed and price it like that.

d-tour

i suggest payment be charged per hour for setup.
For maintaining i suggest you charge a percentage (i.e. 10% of spend) and you meet certain goals as redfly suggests. Bill you client quarterly with a report on what you have done.

It suits him that you are bringing in clicks, and in order to secure your future they need to be the right clicks so a percentage rate works for both of ye and he can work it into his budget in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.