Status
Not open for further replies.

ritat

I'm an Seo beginner and I am seeking advice. If you have a minute to look over my blog and leave a comment or suggestion I would be eternally grateful.It's basically about my first challenging seo project. Cheers lads.;) Rita Tobin

ritat

Thanks Paul, the new site will be a lot more rigorously tested. We will be following the W3C guidelines. What do you think we should do with the designed by link?

paul

Ninja
Use alt tags at the very least if you want to use the image, if not replace it with some text. Spiders are not really good a reading images.

ritat

Thanks

Thanks for drawing my attention to that. I actually asked the designer to change our link to a keyword laden link "website design by..." but I didn't realise that that was the end result. I should have realised myself. Thanks again. If you have anymore suggestions please feel free to bombard me.

paul

Ninja
It's good to see you are in DMOZ.

You say you are redesigning your current website, or at least plan to, so I don't think it makes sense to comment on that (until it's done).

How about employing a SEO ? Or are you undertaking this yourself ?

ritat

It's good to see you are in DMOZ.

You say you are redesigning your current website, or at least plan to, so I don't think it makes sense to comment on that (until it's done).

How about employing a SEO ? Or are you undertaking this yourself ?

It's just gonna be me. *sigh*. It's one of those learn as you go things. I've been reading up on this stuff for the last couple of months but there is a lot to be said for "doing" as opposed to reading about. I'll defo throw it up here when it is done.

Cormac

I would focus on the on-page factors firstly and then on the off-page ones.

There isn't a lot of text on any of the pages, especially the homepage. Your keyword density is fairly poor throughout the site as a result.

The JS/Frames/Tables should be sorted out too.

The URL structure isn't as keyword rich as it should be. There is room for many levels of content so using a sane directory structure such as /services/web-design/ and /services/web-development would be an advantage.

Other things such as setting up a sitemap and a blog should be high on the agenda.

Are you guys getting many referrals from ranking #1 for 'web design Carlow'?

ritat

Thanks Cormac

Cheers for all the advice. I am currently working on the redesign with the lads here and we had spoken about doing all those things. It's great to be told I'm on the right track. I just want to make sure i get all on page factors right and I don't leave out anything glaringly obvious.
We do get a lot of referrals for the term "web design Carlow" but we are ready here to move it up to the next level.
Thanks again:p

Status
Not open for further replies.