IIA Net Visionary Awards - Nominations Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph3n0m

For something like Web developer, etc - what are the criteria for a nominee, cause it sure as hell isnt standards compliance (especially last years winner for irishjobs.ie, they are still using a plethora of tables, etc)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
For something like Web developer, etc - what are the criteria for a nominee, cause it sure as hell isnt standards compliance (especially last years winner for irishjobs.ie, they are still using a plethora of tables, etc)

These things are usually based on who you know not what you know aren't they ?

and is it me or does it seem rather pricey €195 for a ticket ? or maybe I'm just not up on how much these things should be costing

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member

No. You're confusing awards

Net Visionaries are based on public votes ie. there isn't a secret jury rigging it so that their friends win

and is it me or does it seem rather pricey €195 for a ticket ? or maybe I'm just not up on how much these things should be costing

It's a gala evening with black tie etc.,
€195 is about the average rate

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Anyone can nominate anyone else

So we can all go the "irish way" on these things and start a massive email spam campaign to get me elected .. woo hoo :D

But seriously ... do standards and so on come into it ? or is it just a who you know ?

ph3n0m

No. You're confusing awards

Net Visionaries are based on public votes ie. there isn't a secret jury rigging it so that their friends win

that one :) cause I was actually going to compare these awards with the Golden Spiders :) especially since some awards are so open, that all it would involve is me (for example) making loads of phone calls and getting people to vote - even though there might be no substance to the work I have done - e.g. not using standards compliance when making websites, etc

TheMenace

The Golden Spiders are about who you know. The IIA Net Visionary Awards are really more about how popular you are. Both awards are fundamentally flawed although given a choice, I'll choose the IIA Awards any day. At least they're not run and rigged by Eircom and it's vested interests/bum-buddies :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.