Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbaru

Anyone have a favourite way of indexing their backlinks?. Personally, I like to create xml files, place them on a random blog and syndicate them to a couple of hundred aggregators. Any better ideas?

Ciprian

That's an interesting technique. Do you have random satellite blogs which you post you XML files on? Is Google OK with this?

brianbaru

That's an interesting technique. Do you have random satellite blogs which you post you XML files on? Is Google OK with this?

It dosen't really matter what site you use. Any page will do once it can be read by aggregators. I doubt it's against any of Google's terms and conditions ( I could be wrong) because all you are doing is getting your existing links read and indexed. What Google does with them after that is down to Google.

greatar4

One of the thing that you can do is creating RSS feed will all your back-links, then submitting them to various RSS aggregators. There are software that you can use that would help get the job done.

Ciprian

Yeah, I already have a nice piece of software, submitting feeds to RSS aggregators. But I think I'll stick to a third party blog, probably WordPress.com based, as the RSS method involves too much work.

:) Thanks

DomainMagnate

I wouldn't bother with indexing backlinks as it may backfire in the long term. It's better if google finds your backlinks slowly and naturally as other pages with your links are crawled. Otherwise expect to get slapped by the next penguin update.

Ciprian

I wouldn't bother with indexing backlinks as it may backfire in the long term. It's better if google finds your backlinks slowly and naturally as other pages with your links are crawled. Otherwise expect to get slapped by the next penguin update.

It might be useful if some sites are ignored by Googlebot. Such as a ping, or if you want quick results, or if the next PageRank update is coming.

Softology

Agree with DM, However for new websites it can help for a few backlinks not like 100K being indexed for a domain aged 6 months but a reasonable amount between 50 - 100 in a month being indexed will be fine for a new website for first 3, 4 months. After that let google find and index the backlinks themselves.

P.S. If you have quality backlinks, GoogleBot will be crawling High Authority sites and hight traffic volume sites so they are sure to be indexed automatically.

For my clients, after hosting their site, I submit 3 70 - 80 xml/rss backlink feeds and thats all. other 300 backlinks which i create for them for next 3 months are indexed automatically as all those links are on PR3+ domains and have alexa traffic rank of < 50,000.

Anyways, Do not index ur backlinks for domains older than 6 months you will be safe that way.

brianbaru

Backlink Or Indexed Link

There seems to be a lot of confusion out there between getting your backlinks indexed and getting an actual backlink that shows up in Google. Google will index all backlinks very rapidly if found on a site it crawls very regularly. Getting these links to show up as an actual backlink is entirely different. For an indexed link or backlink to have any real impact on your rankings, you need to backlink those as well.

Google will crawl your site naturally.So don't be in a hurry.Try doing in pinging sites to get back links fast.Try doing article submission and Bookmarking in high domain authority sites.Keep a regular track of your record.

Status
Not open for further replies.