Instant-Access URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Byrne

HI....

Did anyone ever come across an issue where in a google search the search results displayed the instant access url of your website??

Eg: where it's normally www.yoursite.com/index.php it displays a156-655.something.ie/index.php where in both cases they link directly to the page in question but it contains the instant access url in the domain name instead of your actual domain name..

What would cause this and how would it be solved???

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you set something up on the temporary URL and it's still accessible ie. not being redirected to the actual one.

Patrick Byrne

Sounds like you set something up on the temporary URL and it's still accessible ie. not being redirected to the actual one.

Thanks for the reply.. I am absolutely stumped in knowing how to solve the problem. I purchased the domain and then added the domain to my hosting plan as per normal and uploaded the relevant files to the server. There is no mention of the instant access url in the files .. How do I solve the issue.. Is it a matter of taking the site down and uploading the files again??

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Check the site settings - if it's using Wordpress or similar there might be references somewhere to the temporary URL

Patrick Byrne

Check the site settings - if it's using Wordpress or similar there might be references somewhere to the temporary URL

No not using wordpress or any cms system on it. Just uploaded the files through the control panel as any other site i have done but never got this happening before..

Status
Not open for further replies.