Is meta description still a ranking factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanburling

Hi friends,

I know how much meta description was important before 7 8 years ago but nowadays I am not aware about it is still as effective as it was earlier as I have read that "meta description is not a ranking factor anymore" in lots of articles wrote by SEO experts.

lynsofia

Hi Susan, Last update of Google in 2009 released official statement about "meta description do not affect SEO". But my own way meta descriptions show in the search engine results, they can affect CTR (click-through rates), which are linked to SEO & rankings. Meta Description is a snippet of information that appears below the links in a search engines result.
A meta description is a summary of the content of the page written with the motive to convince & persuade the searchers to visit the website.

Del Frio

Meta Description affects the click through rate. We know that A good meta will eventually get more clicks then a old worn-out. In Simple "Meta Do help Seo"

himalayavisit

Meta Description is currently not affects the ranking, but its increases CTR- click through rate.
A good meta description defines more about your pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.