Keyword Discovery Tools - Not search engine providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi Everyone,
If you have spent some time in search engine marketing and more particularly with PPC engines you will probably have noticed that different engines gives you different data.
In particular I've noticed that Google sometimes "hides" keywords or terms. Forcing you to bid on what they want to show you as eligable keywords.

Not to descriminate but Yahoo! can be no better.

I'm wondering if there is a cheap or FREE keyword tool that anyone could recommend? I'm looking for something that can give me data (possibly including numbers) for searches more than 1 month ago.

The reason for this, lets say I want to bid on "St Particks Day" but since Google only shows data for the last month I cannot get all the possibly terms and phrases, however if I could get last years data I'd be way ahead of the game.

So can anyone recommend a good one?

Cheers
Gavin.

RedCardinal

Hi Everyone,
If you have spent some time in search engine marketing and more particularly with PPC engines you will probably have noticed that different engines gives you different data.
In particular I've noticed that Google sometimes "hides" keywords or terms. Forcing you to bid on what they want to show you as eligable keywords.

Not to descriminate but Yahoo! can be no better.

I'm wondering if there is a cheap or FREE keyword tool that anyone could recommend? I'm looking for something that can give me data (possibly including numbers) for searches more than 1 month ago.

The reason for this, lets say I want to bid on "St Particks Day" but since Google only shows data for the last month I cannot get all the possibly terms and phrases, however if I could get last years data I'd be way ahead of the game.

So can anyone recommend a good one?

Cheers
Gavin.

Wordze gives you historical count data. Never going to be 100% but nice as you can see seasonal trends. It's not free though :(

I posted about the free 30 day trial:

http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/...on/3020-wordze-keyword-tool-free-30-days.html

gav240z

Wordze gives you historical count data. Never going to be 100% but nice as you can see seasonal trends. It's not free though :(

I posted about the free 30 day trial:

http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/...on/3020-wordze-keyword-tool-free-30-days.html

Sorry about the delay in response to this one. I checked it out, not sure if the boss would approve of using a CC for the 30 day trial. Funnily enough Google seemed to show me the data I needed for an upcomming seasonal event so I have used that for now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.