link exchanges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

mmm, something similar was requested by mon good self a while back and the wheels are in motion my child, soon you shall witness a link exchange networky thingy to gaze upon (or so the rumour goes)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
mmm, something similar was requested by mon good self a while back and the wheels are in motion my child, soon you shall witness a link exchange networky thingy to gaze upon (or so the rumour goes)
Heh

If only we could make it that simple ....

Erigena - I'll ponder your request.. If a sub-forum magically appears you will know it has been granted

Cormac

edit: p.s a chormaic, plean mhaith cinnte (agus is fearr gaeilge briste na bearla cliste ;) ).:)

ta failte romaht erigena, is minic an phlean maith a chaisean me as mo cheann :D

(please don't run the spellcheck on that, that is the most irish i have written since my Irish Paper 2 in 2000)

daviddoran

Cormac, cén fáth gur scriobhann tú "gaelgoir" i do síniú?
Níor thaitin Gaeilge go mor liom ar cur ar bith!

(that's enough irish for me)

louie

I feel like I should say something but my Irish is as good as Chinese i know, so I'll keep out this time.
I barely speak English.

Cormac

Cormac, cén fáth gur scriobhann tú "gaelgoir" i do síniú?
Níor thaitin Gaeilge go mor liom ar cur ar bith!

(that's enough irish for me)

nil clu da lagahd agam, cheapaim go raibh me ar mesice?

I went to an all irish primary school and all irish secondary school and i'm getting bullied now on a forum :mad:. I can speak fluently but the spelling and grammer is amach as an fuinneog.

David, are you reading A Thig na Thit Orm for your leaving cert?

daviddoran

Our apologies erigena, back to link xchanges.
I built one for a community games site. I was pretty happy with it.
It had a monitoring control panel to check that people who had submitted their link to us had also put our link on their page.

Cormac

what's your own background in Irish erigena? As in school(s) and what age are you. Just out of interest and finally...do you use your Gaeilge often?

I'm trying to guage how bad my Irish has gotten in recent years without using it.

David, I wrote a similar script to your one as well after I couldn't find what i wanted on hotscripts..it went a little like this:-

User filled out a form, added a link to a category,
he has the option to create a new category if it doesn't already exist,
admin receives an email, verfies the link isn't spam or whatever,
accepts or declines link, original user is notified,
link is added to page

RedCardinal

Google have made some recent announcements that *might* be seen a a further devaluation of recip linking. It's on the webmaster blog (sorry no URL to hand).

[edit that - the link is in my blog post linked to above]

Status
Not open for further replies.