Low Page authority and domain authority ranking #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubos

Hi all,
I'm working on improving the search results for a haulage company. The domain authority is higher than a lot of pages ranking above it, but there are a few issues with duplicate descriptions and titles so I am sorting them out. I am also identifying more good quality links for the site.

But suddenly, a company has come out of nowhere and is ranking #1 - and the site has a DA and PA of 1 and no links to it!! How can this be? You can see this by searching for 'heavy haulage' in google.ie

I'm confused

/Tubos

link8r

Hey Tubos

Who is #1 for you?
Who is number one that you see? Do you mean the .net ?

The .net that I see at number 1
It has links to it, they're just not showing yet in the Google scrapers.

Sites like Moz and others crawl based on their own crawl hints - and disregard many sites (e.g. the domain info sites) that Google reads but we assume are little/no value. But there could be some redirects/high PR sites linking to that that only Google has picked up.

But this is really interesting and I'm guessing -- please tell us more

tubos

Hi link8r
Thanks for the reply.

Yes its the .net site that is showing at #1. Any idea what the best way is to see what inbound links a site has?

For a long time I've been trying to compete with a number of sites that have been there for years and now this .net one just comes out of the blue!!

I know, that to increase my own sites ranking, I need to get some good links from high PR sites, so am currently identifying suitable sites, preferably ones within the same industry or similar industry, as when I look at page authority and domain authority all of the sites above my site have lower value scores here. So maybe I am doing something wrong and google is penalising me for it. I know I have a lot of missing meta descriptions and some issues with titles so I have fixed all of them now and made them relevant to the content and waiting to see if there is any improvement, it's a great feeling when your site has jumped a few places in the rankings!!

link8r

If you just Google the domain straight out "ihatethisdomain.net" with the "" then you should see a lot more than you'll see in a scraper.

How many backlinks at a high level (e.g. Home Page / Tier1-2) from PR4+ sites do you think your client has? Or how many good quality, context sensitive ones do you have?

For what its worth, the .ie (who is 1st for me today) it looks like you have 490 of which 482 are "nofollow" and the 8 dofollow ones which have odd anchor text ("Visit XXXXX's page") - so I'm guessing that, if that's really the total backlinks, it would be relatively easy for someone who can turn on more backlinks than that quickly, could appear to "come out of nowhere" pretty quickly.

tubos

Thanks again for the help!

Yes I see that the #1 has changed since yesterday

Yeah I'm thinking if I can identify a few quality industry related websites on which to place backlinks then it should help.

If you just Google the domain straight out "ihatethisdomain.net" with the "" then you should see a lot more than you'll see in a scraper.

How many backlinks at a high level (e.g. Home Page / Tier1-2) from PR4+ sites do you think your client has? Or how many good quality, context sensitive ones do you have?

For what its worth, the .ie (who is 1st for me today) it looks like you have 490 of which 482 are "nofollow" and the 8 dofollow ones which have odd anchor text ("Visit XXXXX's page") - so I'm guessing that, if that's really the total backlinks, it would be relatively easy for someone who can turn on more backlinks than that quickly, could appear to "come out of nowhere" pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.