Mac Vs Windows Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddym

Hi Guys

The dilema hits. After 5 years of loyality from my dell vostro 1500 it looks like it's time for a change. Constant over heating and after many attempts to solve the issue I am thinking of a investment.

I was in the apple store the other day in Dublin City and a Macbook pro caught my eye. I know they are completley different than windows but I am willing to put the time in to learn.

I have have heard that they are super reliable. Are they worth the investment.

I work in seo/ppc.
Also use Photoshop sometimes and Dreamweaver.

I am looking for pure reliabilty and speed which I got from my Dell.

Any advice welcome

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I made the switch a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

A decent spec Macbook Pro is probably your best bet - check the Apple site for refurbs if you want to save a bit

chicagorox

To me it's all about your needs. Some get it for the aesthetic value since Macs look a lot nicer. I get for the performance vs. price balance, which easily goes to Windows.

seoservices

Mac is expensive for nohing I find. Cause its an Apple product its much more expensive than it has to be.

Windows preforms better at a fraction of the price.

M

mcocan

personally i love my mac. I used to have a hp and hated it! It was constantly freezing and overheating and just shut down on me without notice without saving my work. I have my mac now and wouldn't go back. BUT i'm not using it for what you are so I couldn't tell you if what you are using it for mac would be the best option. I think you should go back to the apple store and get all the info from them.

Deb

What did you choose for web design - Mac or Windows? I also use "heavy" apps like Photoshop but my spouse's computer is much more powerful for such apps (I use a notebook but want a touch screen to work at myannualcreditreport.com blog).

Anderson1

If you're not a grandparent or a trendy teen, go with a Windows laptop.
Macs are easy to use, but you can't do as much with them, and why would you support a company that has to put up suicide nets to keep their workers from killing themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.