Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
was reading through that last night thanks....

Looks impressive ... may finally get around to sorting out hexperts as a trial run with it :)

Just have to figure out how to install it on my mac first ... :D (hoping it'll be handy enough ... work to do first though)

garycocs

Yes they are!

sorry what I meant to say it wasn't with the free version and looks pretty expensive.

Hello Gary,

Thanks for your interest in a demo of Movable Type!

Our Movable Type Enterprise Solution is a robust publishing platform that can be used for blogs as well as a light weight web Content Management System. With the release of MT 4.2, we will be bundling our Community Solution with Movable Type Enterprise Solution.

Our minimum Enterprise Solution package starts at a one time perpetual license fee of $15,000 for 50-Users and 10,000 Profiles with 18% annual Maintenance and Support. Please let me know if you're interested in larger packs.

MT 4.2 is scheduled to release in August. What's New in Movable Type 4.2 | MovableType.org - Home of the MT Community

Best,

Tien Huang
Six Apart, Ltd.
Office: 415-344-0056 ext 111
Fax: 415-520-5292

garycocs

Hi Michelle,
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I can't seem to find the other one, where did direct me to the last time I was askign about the social networking side of Movable Type?
Thanks
Gary

garycocs

Ya so I installed the pro version there, trying to get my head around it. All ready have a problem with the themes, I selected a theme I wanted, then republished the site and it looks crap! Would you kiss .me

Would appreciate any good tutes on it, and also how you get the community part up and running!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ya so I installed the pro version there, trying to get my head around it. All ready have a problem with the themes, I selected a theme I wanted, then republished the site and it looks crap! Would you kiss .me

That looks like a default template set
Would appreciate any good tutes on it, and also how you get the community part up and running!

tutes?

The community features work based on sharing a common backend and userbase, so if you setup say a blog and a forum the same users can exist in both and you can easily enable things like "Action Streams"

I'd recommend you look on their forums:
Movable Type Forums

garycocs

Thanks Michelle,

Just wondering when I select a new style and publish is that all I have to do, or do I have to reset the templates as well? Used to the simplicity or wordpress I suppose so this is a bit of a change??

I'll have a go off their forums now.

Basically I'm trying to set up a simple social network like hot or not, facebook integration in the future and what not, am I going into it too far with MT or do you reckon this is the way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.