Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauldoh

I have recently got my website developed and launched. The sitemap was submitted to google webmasters and my site appears to be indexed. However I do not appear on any page of google.ie even when I search for the page title of some of my products. What would be the best steps to take when starting an SEO strategy is there a step by step guide? Any advice would be very grateful received

D4veSaunders

Its a bit of a myth that submitting the sitemap will get you indexed. It just helps Google once it gets there.

Try Searching in Google for your website name and also grab a big chunk of text off a page and Google that as well in a separate search. If nothing comes up there may be a issue with your robots.txt file or even duplicate content issues if content is not unique.

I would have to see the URL but It may just be that you are in a competitive area and it will take time. Hard to say of the info you have given.

blue4ever

You would be better aided if you gave a URL to the site -
See if you are being indexed first - in the google search bar type in 'site:mysite.ie' (without the quotes and change mysite.ie to your domain name)#
That will tell you if you are being indexed
Check your robots.txt

Try that first and see what needs to be dome then

C

Pauldoh

Thanks guys, I have started to notice more pages to appear in some searches, still no where to be seen on a more broad search. Would this be something to do with site age, competitive of keyword or just poor seo? My site is www.beds-inc.ie

Thanks in advance

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Check the structure of your page titles
At the moment I'm seeing it as :

Code:
<title>Beds-Inc | Beds, Mattresses, Divan Beds, Bedroom &amp; Living Room Furniture | Ireland &amp; UK</title>
"Beds-Inc" is totally meaningless

The other keywords are fairly competitive, so that probably won't help

Your blog hasn't been updated since you launched it .. Ever-Rest Beds

Why is pricing in Sterling? It's a .ie so I'd expect pricing in Euro

Pauldoh

Thanks Blacknight,

Would you recommend to removing beds-inc from the title page altogether? and focus on maybe a brand or something like location? I know that the beds and mattress is a hard fought market. But feel that other competitors are using similar titles

I am well aware I need to get on top of the blog, hopefully I can start updating this very shortly. Does this have a major impact on the seo of the site if it is filled with quality content?

The sterling/euro problem, I have been onto the developer about this a couple of times. My wish was to work the admin in sterling and display euro at the current xe rate. So hopefully this can be sorted very soon as well.

What direction would you point me in regards to on site and off site seo?

Thanks Blacknight for you opinions

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd remove the beds inc thing from the titles or shove it at the end.

I'm not sure about your options with respect to keywords in the titles .. you could easily end up "keyword stuffing" if you weren't careful

Content marketing can be key if you're in a crowded market..

For example, with beds, as a buyer I don't really understand the different types, so if your blog explained stuff or answered some of the questions I had it might perform relatively well in search

Fresh original content is always good ..

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
In relation to currency - if you want to sell in the Republic you need to display pricing in Euro.
I was looking at your beds - I'm in the market for one at the moment - and was pretty close to buying one but then noticed the currency difference .. you went from being affordable to expensive very quickly :)

Chief87

First post...only found this forum a few days ago :suspicion:.

As already mentioned your title tags could be changed and your description and content.

What are the main keywords your looking for?

The good news is that wordpress sites usually do pretty well in Google.

Once you sort out the on site SEO you need to get link building, slowly and make it look natural with a mix of dofollow and nofollow!

Pauldoh

Thanks guys for your inputs

Blacknight, I know you believe we're expensive but if you look at some of our products like for like with our competitors we our in fact a good bit cheaper take a look at this Sealy Memory Support Double Mattress costing 306€ plus delivery making the total 355€. The main competition in Ireland is beds ie pricing the same product at 395€ oh this includes free delivery. Once we are well established with delivery runs the price that we will be offer free delivery will be reduced, now set at 600€.

We have the multi currency on the site to help convert, but I was hoping to have the euro set at default on the front end of the site. Still waiting on the developers to get back on this.

Chief87, thanks for your advice, I am currently submitting my website to directories, having noticed, with an add on for firefox some links are 'follow' some 'not follow'.

Is article writing a field I could explore, What weight does this sort of seo have on page ranking?

In your experiences how long before you start noticing the effect of link building? I have logged into google webmaster and noticed the 'only links to my site' are the ones I made at the launch of it. But with smallseotools I have over 300+ links.

Thanks again guys.

Chief87

It can take a few weeks for links to take effect.

You want to get links from high quality sites such as yahoo answers, web 2.0, wiki links etc.

You can write articles..obviously very time consuming. Link builders will write 1 - 3 articles and then spin them. They won't read amazingly but they are good for SEO purposes.

Just make sure to vary your anchor text ie. don't have 100's of links saying the exact same thing.

Alternatively get a link builder to do all this and concentrate on running your biz.

Pauldoh

Blacknight,

you mention word stuffing in the title, would the use of the same word twice be considered by the search engines as word stuffing or would you slip by on this.

I also noticed that if you search the word mattress it would return search results with the word bed highlighted. If this is the case and google associates the words bed and mattress to be the same would the use of these terms be deemed as word stuffing.

Thanks.

Chief87

Google use synonms..so mattress and bed would be associated. It shouldn't be word stuffing though.

Keyword in the title, url extension and description once each would be good!

dana franklin

You can go for manual submissions for your websites. Have you tried social networking websites? Its a good way to increase value of your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.